“Martin’Ecol’ette” is a bilingual private Nursery School operating since 1997. It caters for children from 1 to 5 years old. The School can take in 135 children, while maintaining a low children to adult ratio in order to ensure that each child gets proper care and attention. Our ratio is approximately 1 teacher to 9 children.
We believe that every child should have the best possible start to their education and should be given a wide range of opportunities and the adequate skills to fulfill their full potential. We believe that the small, safe and supportive environment provided by our school allows children to develop at their own pace, whilst growing in confidence and ability. Our school allows children to be understood as individuals with individual needs.
Our School aims:
- To provide opportunities for every child to feel a part of and be able to contribute to the school, local and global community through the teaching of rights and responsibilities
- To provide a rich and exciting curriculum which engages and motivates children and in which every child can develop fully as an individual and achieve their full potential
- To develop motivated, inspired, independent children who have a love of learning and are curious to know more
- To provide a secure supportive environment where children can develop respect for themselves, others and their surroundings resulting in pride in themselves, their peers and their school and who are equipped to meet the changes and challenges in their life ahead.
The School Values:
Respect: respect yourself, others and your environment
Aspiration: believe in yourself, be enthusiastic, positive and motivated.
Integrity: Stand up for what you believe in, be sincere, honest to yourself and others
Resilience: ‘have a go’, ‘take a risk’, & ‘try again’. Learn from your mistakes, take the challenges, reflect & recover.
Although children’s interests have always been part of our approach to learning, the IEYC makes it very explicit that Capturing Curiosity should be central to how themes are developed. We have responded to this by creating ‘learning spaces’ where children can develop their own ideas and interest – this helps ensure that enquiry-based learning can take place every day.
Why did we choose the IEYC?
- The IEYC uses international best practices, holistic enquiry and play-based approaches that cover all curriculum areas including personal, social and emotional development.
- The IEYC is available to all nursery and early years settings.
- It is designed around eight learning principles that we consider essential to children’s learning and development
- The IEYC is flexible and works alongside your national curriculum whilst offering the structure required to suit all teachers
- The IEYC covers all the aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage provision, including learning goals and developmental stages
- Assessment is done using observation and interactions by teachers, children and parents/careers to achieve a holistic view on a child’s development, recorded in learning journals
Students will wear a school uniform that reflect and promote a sense of belongings to the school regardless all its values and respect towards others and the environment.
Our uniform for pre-reception, reception and year 1 classes will consist of:
- White cotton T-Shirt with school logo – Rs 225
- Blue simple shorts – Rs 275
- Blue girls’ skorts – Rs 275
Official School, office and class hours
School building open to students 07.45 – 17.00
School office hours 07.45 – 14.00
Pre-Nursery, Nursery & Pre-reception 07.45 – 14.00
Reception 07h45 – 14.00
Year 1 08.00 – 14.00
End of school day 14.00
Nursery, pre-reception & reception classes’ students may leave for home after the lunch break at 14.00 or stay up to 17.00 for aftercare.
Print, fill in as precisely as possible, with date & signature. Please send by post to the following address :
c/o Mrs Martine Bouic-Baugue
Only documents bearing a signature from a parent or legal tutor can be taken into consideration, this is the reason why we don’t take forms sent by e-mail.
Please contact the Administration Department;
- Martine – 5 723 5980
- Chantal – 5 255 2667
The downloadable documents require Adobe Acrobat, if you don’t have this software installed on your computer you can get it for free here.
The Headmistress is Mrs Martine Bouic-Baugue, seconded by Mrs Laeticia D’Unienville.